Can a Smithtown Business Prepare for the Dual Devastations of Commercial Fire Damage and Temporary Shutdown During Recovery Efforts?
Join with SERVPRO to Recover from Commercial Fire Damage -- Be Proactive Through the Development of a Pre-Crisis Emergency READY Profile and Plan (ERP) and Rely on Our Rapid Response for Smithtown Businesses
If there is a more pressing worry than how the interior and exterior of your commercial property in Smithtown can reemerge from the ashes of a fire, it might be the fear you feel that your customers will replace you with a competitor as you recover from the damage of the heat, smoke, and flames. Statistics show a nearly 50 percent failure rate when businesses close down temporarily to manage the tasks needed to clean up and rebuild after a fire. Knowing this risk, smart entrepreneurs plan for disaster. It is especially vital to design a way to meet the needs of those who rely on your business for services and products during the restoration of the burned structure.
Are There Ways to Prepare Your Business for the Disturbance of Commercial Fire Damage Restoration?
Fire damage recovery for Smithtown commercial properties involves a complicated agenda if all aspects get the attention they need. The first certainty is that a business should not manage fire damage cleanup by piling the tasks on the shoulders of its cleaning contractor or housekeeping staff. Developing an individualized response to the chaos of a potential fire or another disaster should be part of any business plan. You can read checklists and research recommendations, but relying on generic advice can leave you vulnerable because of the unique juxtaposition of the nature of your business operations and the building housing it.
How Can a Business Owner Implement Effective Ways to Prepare for Fire Damage and Other Property Disasters?
Set up a consultation with a reputable disaster mitigation and remediation company when no catastrophe is imminent. Although a reliable and experienced company like SERVPRO responds adequately during an unanticipated emergency, our interventions can be more focused and productive if we have a pre-existing idea of how your business operates and the specifics of your physical layout. Working together on our Emergency READY Profile and Plan (ERP) is an excellent opportunity for us to gain a comprehensive understanding of what your needs might be. Likewise, you can review the restoration options we offer local businesses.
What Is the Procedure for Developing an ERP?
You or your managers call SERVPRO to schedule an assessment. One of our project managers, experienced in fire damage and other restoration, arrives for a no-obligation consultation:
Our project manager walks through your commercial building or campus, sketching out:
• A blueprint of the physical layout
• The location of utility lines and shutoffs
• Locations of break rooms or kitchens (common sources of fire damage)
• The positioning of production or other equipment
• Location of inventory and storage areas
During the walkthrough, our project manager likely will take pictures and interview you or other knowledgeable individuals about the nature and day to day operations of your business.
Does SERVPRO Value My Opinions and Priorities During the Development of the ERP?
Our project manager's preliminary information-gathering forms the outline of the concise digital document that is the ERP. We also recommend you use our mobile app to fill in additional details to help our crews respond appropriately after fire damages your business:
• Clarify that SERVPRO is your preferred restoration partner to prevent delays in mitigation and restoration efforts
• Enumerate the identities and contact information of the vendors and contractors who designed and installed your business equipment and systems
• Designate individuals among your employees, family, or others who are authorized to act on your behalf if you cannot direct the recovery during the fire-damage aftermath
How Else Does SERVPRO Stand Out Among Other Commercial Fire Damage Restoration Companies?
Remember that one of the most troubling parts of fire damage recovery is the possibility that your loyal customers will find other sources during the restoration of your business. Because we gain a deeper understanding of your priorities and operations through the development of the ERP, we can:
Offer suggestions long before any fire damage that limits the possible effects of a disaster, including:
• Repairs and maintenance that reduces the likelihood of fire and other crises
• Adaptations in storage and inventory systems that protects contents from disaster
• Making good use of our general contractor's license to contain fire damage so that spaces within your commercial building can remain open for business
• Plan for temporary, short term alternatives to keep a viable business presence operating even as we restore the fire damage
Partner with the professionals from SERVPRO of Greater Smithtown to develop an ERP, the blueprint of a recovery both you and we hope never to need to follow if fire damage never occurs. Planning is always a savvy decision -- call us at (631) 265-9200 to schedule an assessment.