Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After SERVPRO of Greater Smithtown does the inspection our team will then start the water remediation process. Below are the steps we take:
- Extract water from floor using powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuums.
- Moving contents whether it be a pack out or just moving from side to side for us to remove the wet materials.
- Remove wet materials such as drywall, insulation, ceiling tiles, trim, etc.
- Remove wet flooring materials such as laminate, carpet and pad, vinyl tile, etc.
- Last step would be cleaning the floor and spraying a disinfectant.
Not every loss is exactly the same but for the majority of losses we follow these steps.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Greater Smithtown can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.